BitcoinZ (BTCZ) Point of Sale app (passed - live)

Interlocutor: PlusBit Point of Sale Company (https://plusbit.tech/)

Problem statement
This project will be designed for merchants to be able to accept BTCZ quickly, easily, and securely. In order to further adoption of BTCZ we need to make it easy for merchants to accept it as a form of payment. This system will enable them to do so.

So far, POS systems were being built using custom hardware, making them costly and less flexible. A new trend is emerging now. Business owners have started using tablets and smart phones as their POS terminals. PlusBit POS is an app based on Android platfrom, used by merchants and vendors for processing cryptocurrency payments. Make your tablet or smart phone Point-of-Sale (POS) system with PlusBit.

Why use this instead of a mobile wallet?
One of the main reasons a merchant would use this app over the standard mobile wallet would be to have an experience they are familiar with. It has been designed to be very closely related to credit card processing machines in this respect.

The main reason however, besides ease of use and familiarity, is the fact that this terminal is not a wallet. Several factors to consider;

• PlusBit only generates the payment requests to a wallet that the merchant controls on a different machine. This means that there is no control of the coins from the POS software. This situation works especially well when you have employees that may access this machine as well.
  • Keeping your private keys offline is always a bonus!
  • Your wallet may need time to sync.
  • Unlocking wallet in front of customers is not safe.

What are the features?

• No need to purchase hardware, convert smartphone or tablet to POS device
  • PlusBit does not get any fee from TXs
  • There is no monthly fee. PlusBit is a free mobile Point-of-Sale app.
  • Supports multilanguages (en, es, tr, de).
  • Supports 12 fiat units
  • No kyc
  • No registered account
  • No control of the coins from the POS software
  • PlusBit does not hold or store your coin ad private key. You have immediate ownership and full control of your money.

How It Works?

• Connect your business wallet address to app, which is where you’ll receive payments.
  • Enter sale amounts in your local currency and have them converted to an amount in crypto. A QR code will then appear for your customer to scan using their own personal wallet.
  • After your customer pays, an on-screen verification will pop up. The payment will then land in your business wallet. You can watch your balance information also.

Are there features planned beyond this release?

• Works on iOS (Q4/2019)
  • Invoice history (Q4/2019)
  • Invoice printing (Q1/2020)
  • NFC payments (Q1/2020)

Cost estimates and funding sources
Budget: 400$ in BTCZ for the whole project.

Find out more about PlusBit at our website here: https://plusbit.tech/

Kind Regards
PlusBit

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

6 Likes

Looking forward your feedbacks,
Best regards

3 Likes

How many other cryptocurrencies have you started collaborating with so far?

3 Likes

zcoin, zero, safecoin, reddcoin, ilcoin, htmlcoin.
We released only for htmlcoin. The others are testing the app for now

3 Likes

BTCZ’s integration as a form of payment in this platform represents an important step forward in making BTCZ becomes a more widely adopted and easily accessible cryptocurrency. Also accelerates the BTCZ adoption in real life. However, BTCZ also need ambassadors for this aim. Only app is not enough.

As blockchain technology continues to gain a foothold in business, payment services will follow it.

3 Likes

PlusBit service looks interesting. Definitely YES.

3 Likes

Thank you we ll make it great with your supports

2 Likes

I only hope this is not “collect money and leave” project. We can only believe

If possible, please comment how PlusBit is going to earn money except of gathering listing fees?

2 Likes

PlusBit doesnot get any fee from Tx. Also there is no monthly cost for merchants or users. This project aimed completely mass adoption. But the app is not only enough for this, here we need the support of your community, ambassadors, btcz lowers. They should spread this free app for everyone.
We dont get other income. This listing fee is also for our developers
 I know it is hard to believe but this is PlusBit. Yes, i dont get for now but maybe a big partnership happens one day.

Regarding money collection, this budget is for developers, i will pay to him after creating app. Developers also responsible for further developments and updates. You see, we dont collect money😊

1 Like

Thank you for the answer. Collecting no transactions fees and monthly fees sounds really good. But what I mean is that you need funds to continue development, to implement new features, to provide support etc. How this will be paid?

3 Likes

Some from Listing fees, some from my pocket. This is self funded project also. In fact i determined the best price for listing fee. The other services demands around 20k usd for similar services. Of course their survive chances are more than us, unfortunatelly.

1 Like

Please dont worry about further developments and updates. We will manage it and fulfill the all stuffs in our roadmap. Maybe delays are possible but, we will complete

1 Like

Btw, app supports en, es, de and tr languages. If community want to help for other languages, it would be very nice. (If this proposal pass the voting :blush:)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that assistance in translation will be possible. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you it can increase the use case in different countries.

1 Like

There are 2-3 votes which newly joined, thank you but i really dont know them😊 @Monobody @y

2 Likes

Possibly they are people who I asked to support the vote. I know some were not registered here before.

3 Likes

i tried to say these are not fake votes managed by me. How many votes needed to pass?

2 Likes

There is no limit. We just need YES votes more that NO.

1 Like

I like your proposal and I think that we need more initiative like this :+1::clap:

However I will not vote because it’s in conflict with my vision :

Everything need to be open source and community work, only this will make the différence with other crypto project

4 Likes