Besides the declaration “no ICO, no premine, no dev taxes”, another group of words that we BTCZ supporters love to throw around like we invented it is the phrase “mass adoption through organic growth”. However, reading through the forums, it seems that not many among us understand its true meaning, especially the “organic growth” part.
So what does “organic growth” really mean in the cryptocurrency universe? Well, it’s a coin’s increase in value through mass adoption.
Definitely not trolling you. Let me prove this by examining the operating part of the definition: mass adoption.
“Mass” (or the masses) is the general public, which is populated by Regular Guy.
Who is Regular Guy? He’s the guy who doesn’t know cryptocurrencies exist. He’s the guy who has little to no idea about cryptocurrencies. He’s the guy who doesn’t trade at exchanges. He’s the crypto-virgin, the crypto-uninformed, the crypto-illiterate. Yet he’s THE guy BTCZ was actually referring to when it declared “A community gift to the WORLD”. “World” meant the masses, the general public, where he is a member. Regular Guy (male or female) is the 90% of the adult human race.
Regular Guy is too important a character for BTCZ to ignore. He’s the one who will bring our coin out of the little puddles that are the exchanges and into the open oceans that are the everyday lives of billions of ordinary people. Wonder why Facebook and Google are so successful? They got to Regular Guy first.
“Adoption”, as in mass adoption, must refer to the activities people do with money (and of course, with cryptocurrencies that aspire to become money, like BTCZ): buying and selling stuff.
By the way, in the same context, “adoption” cannot refer to the trading activities at exchanges because remember, BTCZ is talking about the world here – the general public, and traders are an inconsequential tiny percentage of it.
In other words, BTCZ organic growth is the coin’s enduring increase in value through the buying and selling activities of Regular Guy in the course of his daily life, not the superficial increase in value because of speculative trading at the exchanges, nor the fleeting increase in value on account of a coin about to get listed at an exchange.
Clearly, in order for BTCZ to grow (or increase in value), somebody must somehow get our coin into the hands of Regular Guy so that he can treat it like how BTCZ wishes itself to be treated: as common currency or money.
How? Sell him stuff. Introducing, Operation Clutter For BTCZ.
This exercise (or Movement, if you will) is so simple and easy yet so faithful to the nature of BTCZ as a currency that if we really want to see our coin’s mass adoption accelerate and its value moon (and more importantly, stay there), I’m convinced this is the single most effective marketing campaign of all, especially if everyone in the community signed up.
The specifics applicable to your situation may vary but the steps are more or less the same:
- Put up something, stuff or service – anything – for sale on Ebay, Craigslist, Facebook, flea market, garage sale – anywhere – and then insist on BTCZ as the ONLY accepted form of payment.
- Price your item in BTCZ at least 40% lower than its equivalent fiat price. This way, Regular Guy will realize you’re selling it for dirt cheap so he will be greatly motivated to get BTCZ just to get ahold of your item. Don’t be upset that you’re selling your stuff at rock bottom prices. Remember, the BTCZ you make today will be worth a thousand-fold someday.
- Repeat exercise. Make this thing your new habit. At least once a month, post as many items as you can to as many sites you can find. Repetition is key.
Because of your actions, Regular Guy…
- Discovers BTCZ. Despite our efforts at sending out tweets, FB pages, YT videos, the chances of Regular Guy and BTCZ ever meeting each other is very low due to the fact that Regular Guy is simply not actively looking for BTCZ (and why on earth would he search for our coin? He hasn’t got the slightest idea BTCZ exists!). In order for Regular Guy and BTCZ to find each other, we need a connector, something that would serve as a bridge which would bring them together face to face. Our connector is the stuff you’re selling. Here’s how events will unfold: Regular Guy is actively looking for stuff to buy, finds your ad, learns about BTCZ.
- Learns how to get BTCZ by
a) Buying it at an exchange.
b) Selling his own stuff for BTCZ (which is awesome because of network effect).
- Learns about BTCZ relevant tools and concepts: wallets, exchanges, mining etc.
- Realizes that somebody is actually willing to trade BTCZ for everyday goods, just like real money! So even if no transaction has taken place, he will be very unlikely to forget such a most curious experience. If a transaction did take place, he’d realize that BTCZ = money. He will get more because you know, money.
- Becomes an active participant in the stimulation of one of the most important factors to mass adoption: active circulation. To achieve mass adoption, there must be BTCZ active circulation, or continuous buying/selling activity with BTCZ as the medium of exchange.
Why it works?
- Hundreds will likely see your ad, which means that even if you didn’t make a sale, you will have successfully injected BTCZ into the public’s consciousness. Not making a sale also means you wouldn’t have to again go rummaging through the drawers looking for stuff to sell come the next ad cycle.
- Your stuff-for-sale ad solves THE big problem known as non-discovery or failure to discover. Crypto-aware guys like us found BTCZ because we’re watchers of crypto news – we’re always on the lookout for new cryptos. Regular Guy, on the other hand, doesn’t know or care about cryptos, doesn’t actively search for cryptos, so he will never learn about BTCZ. What he knows and cares about are the things he wants: Apple phones, Nike shoes, Canon cameras etc…that’s right, the things you are selling. These things are the connectors or bridges – NOT our tweets, FB pages, YT videos – that will help Regular Guy find his way to our BTCZ.
- There’s the shock factor: “Is he really refusing my good old trusty fiat?!”
- There’s the curiosity factor: “What is this thing BTCZ?”
- Regular Guy represents the overwhelming majority of the population and BTCZ’s true target user. He’s the one who will determine BTCZ’s true value because traders set their prices according to how he treats BTCZ in his everyday life. Regular Guy actually using BTCZ in his daily business would translate to high prices at the exchanges. On the other hand, if Regular Guy rejects the idea of buying/selling with BTCZ in his day-to-day existence, then our gunslinger-quick trader brothers infesting the exchanges would react promptly and accordingly, slapping dirt cheap prices at our defenseless BTCZ.
- This Movement obliterates the need for exchanges. No exchanges means
a) You’re one step safer from regulation and tracking by your government, as more and more governments are requiring the exchanges to verify the identity of their users.
b) You’re one step safer from manipulation by the elite (like bankers), as exchanges are owned (or will be owned – they can easily buy those anytime they wish) by the elite.
c) You’re one more active supporter and proponent of decentralization, as exchanges are agents of centralization, manipulation, and control. Note: if you must use an exchange, at least use one of the decentralized peer-to-peer exchanges.
- Being faithful to the true nature of BTCZ as money (and not a trading commodity), selling stuff is the best way to get BTCZ (if you’re not a miner). No need to sign up at an exchange.
- This Movement creates an aura of success (read: widely accepted) around our coin. Seeing usual ads offering usual things – gadgets, consumer items, services – people will conclude BTCZ is usual, widely accepted money.
- It’s the quickest, easiest, cheapest marketing campaign there is. If you wanted to, you can do it today, all by yourself, at near-zero cost. No partnerships with other individuals, companies, groups etc needed. No investments in hardware, logistics, manpower etc required. What we’re doing here is we’re tapping into the often underestimated power of the individual.
Our objective is to see BTCZ going mainstream and head out into inter-dimensional space in value as a consequence. To achieve this goal, we put out promotion initiatives such as tweets, Youtube videos, Facebook mentions…. They’re all good and appreciated. However, such methods are practically ineffectual because of
- Non-discovery. Since Regular Guy isn’t aware of BTCZ’s existence, he wouldn’t be actively searching for it, which means he would never get to see the tweets/FB pages/YT videos, which means he would never encounter our coin.
- Next-to-zero real world adoption. Okay, assuming that Regular Guy somehow saw one of our tweets/FB pages/YT videos…he’s persuaded! He’s getting some BTCZs. Now that he’s got some, he’s excited to go out and spend it all. Alas, he discovers that not a single self-respecting seller/store wants to have anything to do with his coins.
Sadly, the promotion initiatives that we do, they’re effectively shots in the dark because they fail to intercept Regular Guy’s attention. The tweets/FB mentions/YT videos that we send out almost always fail to hit the mark: the crypto-virgin members of the masses. Meanwhile, the Movement that I’m advocating here, I believe is the headshot to the problems of non-discovery and next-to-nothing adoption rate because it is aimed squarely at the crypto-uninformed members of the populace.
Now I’m not suggesting that we abandon the promotion initiatives. I’m just saying that we crack the problem through the skull by fulfilling BTCZ’s true purpose: use it as replacement to fiat money most of the time, and then we also carry on with all the usual initiatives rest of the time.
One could argue that this Movement won’t work because currently things are too complicated for Regular Guy. For example, just to convert fiat to BTCZ, he would need to open a Coinbase account, go through the verification process, buy BTC, pay fees, send BTC to an exchange, buy BTCZ, download a wallet etc. Certainly not easy for Regular Guy. But then
- Some won’t probably bother, but many will try to learn because they really want the stuff we’re selling.
a) You want my dirt cheap gadgets/tools/appliances? Go get some BTCZ first:-)
b) You want dirt cheap driving/piano/swimming lesson? Go get some BTCZ first:-)
c) You want my dirt cheap Harley/Rolex/Gucci/Prada? Go get some BTCZ first:-)
d) You want dirt cheap haircut/facial/massage/Brazilian wax? Go get some BTCZ first:-)
- Making a sale is not the only objective. The other goal is to get BTCZ into Regular Guy’s mind before the hundreds of competing other coins do. So yes, what we have before us is a race among cryptos. A matter-of-life-and-death race to get to Regular Guy first. Sadly, BTCZ doesn’t have the luxury of time. If we wait too long, our coin will lose out to the more aggressive coins. The importance of being first cannot be understated. Think Bitcoin.
If everyone responds to this call-to-action, if the whole community mobilizes, if we’re able to pull off this Movement, BTCZ will have a real chance at realizing it’s childhood dream: to kick fiat’s lame butt and become the dominant currency worldwide, the medium of exchange universally recognized and accepted. Before I break down in tears, let’s just call this dream Money Status.
Once elevated to Money Status – to make it easier to understand the succeeding points below, try substituting the US Dollar or Bitcoin or gold for BTCZ – our dear coin BTCZ…
- Will be above and beyond laws and contracts because it will have become an expression of the will of the people. It will be operating within the fabric of society itself. No government will dare mess with it because doing so could lead to societal discontent and chaos.
- Will have no need/use of a leader/manager/representative because it won’t ever feel the need to talk to anybody. Anyone who wants to do business with BTCZ would only need to find someone knowledgeable to teach, guide, educate them about our coin. They will discuss only technical matters because BTCZ doesn’t care about laws and contracts.
- Will be immune to the demeaning, insulting, predatory demands of exchanges such as signing contracts and paying fees. Needless to say, exchanges will list BTCZ voluntarily because they simply can’t expect to make money if they didn’t list it.
There you go my crypto-brothers and sisters, let’s step up our game here. Let’s get down from our feeding chairs, get our hands dirty, get serious about the monumental-but-certainly-not-insurmountable challenge of elevating our young coin to Money Status. With a strong sense of urgency, every one of us – devs, miners, marketers, investors, traders etc – summon back the Regular Guy within ourselves, muster courage and begin our descent into the basement, the garage, closets, drawers, under-the-bed spaces to find stuff to sell.
The vast majority of the population doesn’t care about crypto. But we will make them care by selling them stuff they really want at rock bottom prices. We will make sure that the first crypto they actually experience is our coin BTCZ.
The illusion of success, even if it’s just an illusion, is a very powerful thing. People are instinctively drawn to anything they perceive as successful. The Movement that I’m advocating creates the illusion that BTCZ is already a success. Once people see our stuff-for-sale ads that insists on BTCZ as the only form of payment accepted, they will think that BTCZ has already gone mainstream.
This Movement is not some proposal conceptualized by myself nor it’s an original idea coming from me. It’s in fact our marching order given by BTCZ itself at birth. Shiny smelling fresh out of the womb, BTZC’s prime directive to each and every owner/supporter/believer out there: use it as a medium of exchange first; as anything else – a store of value, a trading commodity etc – a distant second. Faithfully observing our sacred duty of using BTCZ the way it was meant to – as regular currency or everyday money – is the easiest, surest way for our coin to moon soon…permanently.
If somehow I was able to convince you of the merits of my ideas, the next thing that I would like to ask of you is to act today. Almost always, time is the crucial element, the element which we don’t have plenty of. So I sincerely hope you’d act today…because our friends over at the competing coins aren’t standing still.
Curious as to who has responded so far? https://tinyurl.com/y7fmrg7l
To get the ball rolling, I figured I should practice what I preach, so I created 5 ads and then posted them to 7 different classified ads sites, making 35 ads in total. Unfortunately, my ads target only users in my country the Philippines so I hope you guys would replicate what I’m trying to accomplish in your respective countries.
BTW, many of the ads have an expiration date, so if a link doesn’t work, then the corresponding ad must have expired already.
If you’ve also done this, would you mind pasting on here the links to your ads so that perhaps we could persuade our crypto-brothers to get involved.