Adding integration with discord Proposal (passed - but canceled)

Email address [email protected]
Problem statement
integration with discord through a bot called tip.cc it’s on almost 18,000 discord servers website here https://tip.cc/ there is a $1000 fee for sign up but i think it would be well worth the large number of new users and publicity we would get from it
Mission Statement or Vision

Users will be able to easily transfer funds, tip other users on discord and buy roles and subscriptions

Objectives to be achieved

1. Get easy to use discord integration
  2. Appeal to a new audience and facilitate wider spread adoption
  3. Decrease barriers to entry
  4. increase trade volume
    Preferred approach
    Integration with discord through a bot called tip.cc it’s on almost 18,000 disscord servers website here https://tip.cc/ there is a $1000 fee for sign up but i think it would be well worth the large number of new users and publicity we would get from it

Benefits statement

1. BitcoinZ Gets easy to use discord integration
  2. We appeal to a new audience and facilitate wider spread adoption
  3. Decrease barriers to entry
  4. Ability to buy roles and subscriptions on discord

Performance and progress measures
Number of users tipping and trading using the bot this would be hard to measure outside of the tip.cc discord and the bitcoinZ discord
But a qualitative report would be posable across a few servers if required I would need some volunteers to collect data outside my time zone
Note that I haven’t asked but there may be data that is not publicly available that we could use to evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency, etc
Risks and ways to address them
Risk 1: To make funds accessible to the bot users must deposit crypto in to a shared wallet operated by a central authority/person (this is not confirmed)

Management strategy: Don’t store a large amount of fuds in the account this is intended to be supplementary to existing wallets not replace them

Risk 2: security is only as good as the security on the discord account is.

Management strategy: Use features like two-factor authentication to keep accounts secure. And don’t store large amounts of BitcoinZ

A basic plan of work (timeline and key milestones)
Send an email and payment to the bot developer
They add BitcoinZ integration
Invite the bot to the official discord server and set it up

Cost estimates and funding sources
This will cost $1000 for bot development
And poetically more if we want to do a giveaway and post website, discord, some information on BitcoinZ, etc. on the #promos channel on the official tip.cc discord (19,195 members)

Thanks for taking the time to read my proposal let me know if you have any concerns
Discord Horatio#7421

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I cannot vote till I dont see how it actually works and what are the risks to let a bot transfer worthy BtcZ and able to reach wallets.

1 Like

Can you ask them if we can test for free 2-3 days application!, I am Pro- i know is a verry poppular!, but Fee is Huge!

3 Likes

I have no clue what this proposal is about. I’m staying out of this vote until I can understand it. I would advise everyone to do their own research before voting.

2 Likes

Yes. Im on HOLD till. DYOR

1 Like

I vote “YES”, because I believe that the benefits of being at 18k discord servers greatly outweighs the risk of losing 1k $.

4 Likes

Beside how many coins?! What would be the benefits and risks?!
We don’t know, if they stop promothing BtcZ or the service breaks down where our BtcZ goes kept on their system.

they just responded to my query this morning and said that sadly they can’t offer trials

2 Likes

This is a transcript of a conversation i just had with the lead developer over discord i hope it answers you question

Q1: this is one of the concerns raised by the community ‘We don’t know, if they stop promoting BtcZ or the service breaks down where our BtcZ goes kept on their system.’ what would you like me to say to them to reassure them?

A1: tip.cc has been operating 2 years 10 months
Bitcoin Gold was the first alt to be listed
it’s still there
we have only had less than 100 BTG deposits, we still support it

Q2: could you also please provide some information on the #promos channel, would we be able to do a giveaway and provide some information about BitcoinZ, link to website, discord etc, and if so is there a fee for doing so?

A2: after listing a coin you get the Partner role, allows you to post there
an airdrop of minimum $5 + a promotional message
once per 24 hours

5 Likes

IMO I think it will be hard to measure the impact and engagement it brings us, however I have to agree with Dreigon, the risk of losing 1k is a small amount compared to the bennefits it might bring us.

3 Likes

Vidulum’s solution is near the same isnt it?!
Other coins who listed on Vidulum can also tip BtcZ or make it rain and vica versa.

I think this is a great idea.
We already have Vidulum tip app and BtcZ faucet made by PugbPirrrrrate, but his discord base tip bot would serve well too, especially for BTCZ members on discord.
So Mr. Bitcoin, I don’t know you, are you comfortable with leading this implementation this on behalf of BTCZ if the vote passed and we gathered $1000?

2 Likes

Yes i would be happy to lead the implementation on the BTCZ community’s behalf if people want me to, assuming it passes the vote that is

2 Likes

A lot off token list on this app.
a lot of users complain that they can’t withdraw other coins than the traditional ones…
I will vote not this time, but Congratulations on the Initiative!!

1 Like

That sounds really bad.

i haven’t seen many complaints but i will look further into it

1 Like