Developer Funding

While the Devs work on a plan of action going forward, as to what needs to be worked on in the code, we currently have no stable or reliable form of funding or payment for the devs themselves. There are little to no current proposals to fix this. One suggestion is to currently use 40% of VaultZ to fund them. Another is to add to the code a permanent way either through nodes or mining to make those funds constant. Let’s work on a solution together.

2 Likes

Since most community members want to keep the white paper as it is, in this case the Vaultz (100%) can be made as a “Dev fees”. And make this process continuous in future versions…

1 Like

I’m fine with that. But how do we guarantee that VaultZ gets continues inflows?

2 Likes

hi. importen question. maybe a time-limited vault, or as security a kind of fund that ensures the security of the operation… and permanent mining reward like 1% from now on, 0.5% at the next halving and so on… we could also cooperate with a pool where something flows out without changing the paper. Greetings

I like the pool idea. Perhaps a pool operator can elaborate on the ease/difficulty of this?

1 Like

As Marcel indicated, it will automatically stop at block height 1400000…if the majority agrees (voting) to continue, it is easy…w need to update the Chain params in the next version:
https://github.com/btcz/bitcoinz/blob/657630b0c7100b4e4f5fe3b287c4a053f1060bb6/src/chainparams.cpp#L328

I’ve posted a tentative solution to the developer funding in the
Mods channel of the discord. Please look it over.

I’ve completed the preliminary upgrade path for developer funding. it needs approval and then to move towards voting.