Following on @GreyFox ’s initial EzDeFi proposal that in my opinion did not get the right exposure and was omitted by BtcZ network, I wanted to revisit this proposal one more time. This post has no time limit, it is an open discussion followed by a potential vote if we reach a relative agreement on whether this crypto online payment solution is worth our time and money. I emailed the company and below is some information that I managed to obtain. Also, I ran it through @Cryptorex and @VandarGR for them to have a look on it before posting, so here it is:
- With EzDeFi solutions, you can accept cryptocurrencies on your website easily at lowest cost (0–0.1% per transaction) without middlemen.
- EzDeFi people built plugins for every major eCommerce platforms https://ezdefi.com/plugins/
- Maintenance of the open source takes place three times a year for major updates and regular update for hot fixes
- We can gain mass exposure and instant payment integration due to many supported plugins and platforms (link above)
- Gateway setup fee: 1,000 USD
- Integration fee: 2,000 USD (since BtcZ is not a fork of BTC, DASH, LTC, ETH, XRP)
- Annual maintenance fee: 200 USD
This sums up to 3,200 USD cost, an amount that represents a quarter of our VaultZ total value with current BtcZ price. In my opinion this should not be a fully VaultZ-funded proposal as we don’t want to siphon the Vault before it gains substantial value. We could either:
A) Look for BtcZ members that would offer to contribute FIAT in exchange for partial (to be discussed) compensation with VaultZ BtcZ.
B) Ask some volunteers or people vitally interested in having BtcZ payment option in their online businesses that would benefit immediately from such a payment method.
C) Of course, we could also try to negotiate with EzDeFi to drop the price a bit, it’s worth a shot!
- Is this gateway system something our BtcZ network really needs?
- How much better is this from @Marcelus’ gateway? Maybe we could enhance @Marcelus gateway to be as good as EzDeFi?
- Do they rely on their own infrastructure, run their own nodes?
- Can they share a list of companies/sites currently using their service?
- Risk factors:
- It seems to be a new company and when I asked them about person to contact I did not receive any particular names.
- Should we trust a company with 2 twitter followers? (https://twitter.com/ezDeFi)
- Their intro movie has 66 views (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlcQG3A7X8k&feature=emb_title)
- Company operates under legal entity: Pi Edutainment Global Limited https://www.hkcorporationsearch.com/companies/2819307/. They are based in Hong Kong, a city currently being taken over by China arresting people left and right, potentially taking over control over businesses too.
Let’s discuss it here and see what people think. We could summarize this later in a poll that would be a result of our thoughts, no time limit, no pressure. Let’s talk about it!