How to get BTCZ back

Hi guys!
Two years ago I stored my BTCZ into a Z address.
I still have the wallet.dat and I even saved the public address and secret (spending key and private key) I have them stored in a txt file .
The problem is, I need to get those BTCZ now, but I tried downloading the new wallet with the wallet.dat inside designated folder… but every time I start the app, my wallet.dat is renamed to .bak and a new one is generated, other thing that is frequently happening is the EOF error, the EOF I restart the app and it goes away, but the renaming of the wallet.dat to wallet.37434535.bak is that is annoying me the most.
Anyway, I need your help to get those coins back.
As I stored the texts of public address spending key and private, can I just use them in anyway to send it all to a new address?
How do I try to recover my wallet.dat in a easy step by step?

THANKS a lot guys!

Attempts to import the private key into the wallet, instead of trying to replace the wallet.dat

1 Like

I have not recovered my coins, anyone able to help me? I still have my Private key noted in a piece of paper… Is it possible to get it back?

Sure ! If you have private key, you have your coins. Try here https://wallet.btcz.rocks

Hello,

I must ask for some help with recovering my coins from an very old wallet.

Back in 2018 I made several backup copies of BTCZ GUI wallet.

When trying to import them by newest GUI wallet now, an error occurs:

Also when using https://wallet.btcz.rocks and importing the same files, nothing happens.

What can be the reason?

I have exported backup (CTRL+B) and privatekeys (CTRL+K) and stored them on private email ever since.

Hey,
Do you have try to put the wallet.dat file directly in the bitcoinz directory (instead of the default created one) ?
If you still get an error, try to reindex.

Hello Marcelus,

I have done what You told me and, replaced the Wallet.dat file with my own backup file. Wallet opened and was synchronising. At this point I should allready see some transactions but I dont.

Also after trying to close and open wallet again this bug occurs:

Its activating best chain for 30min now…

This is crazy.