Proposal for Cryptopia Exchange

Donation Tracker: https://bitcoinz-sites.github.io/cryptopiatracker/

Email address

[email protected]

Problem statement

In need of trusted and high volume exchanges to add to our list.

Mission Statement or Vision

Adding higher volume exchanges creates liquidity, demand, and project exposure in the market. Max and circulating supply needs to be spread as wide as possible to foster mass adoption.

Objectives to be achieved

1. Mass adoption
  2. Market exposure
  3. Demand
  4. Availability

Preferred approach

Raising awareness through social media of listing; instructional videos showing examples of how to use an exchange; create trust relationship with exchange; advocate for community on exchange, etc.

Benefits statement

Benefits of achieving objective result in exponential growth and overall mission of the BitcoinZ Community - For The People, By The People; A Coin For All; Financial Freedom; Liberty; Globalization of BitcoinZ

Performance and progress measures

• Volume
  • Price fluctuations
  • Buy support
  • Sell volume

Cost estimates and funding sources

Donation Tracker: https://bitcoinz-sites.github.io/cryptopiatracker/

• Funding from investors
  • Funding from community

Approximate cost: 10-12 BTC

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

go go go topia!))

Post must be at least 20 characters

1 Like

Cryptopia is falling apart, it has problems with almost all wallets now almost 2 months. It is wasting of energy and money, IMO.

With that BTC price we can have a better exchange than Shittopia

5 Likes

I have a pending withdrawal and an unanswered ticket for almost a month now at Cryptopia. They cannot handle the volume of newcomers. 100K for listing there would be a huge waste of money.

3 Likes

https://www.kucoin.com/ should be our next target.

6 Likes

We should send all fund from cryptopia donation to binance. Binance is much more better exchange !

5 Likes

Cryptopia was rejected only a few weeks ago because of the ridiculous listing fee. 10 BTC! They cannot be serious!

We should be focussing on exchanges which are listed on whattomine.com:

• Abucoins
  • Bitfinex
  • Bittrex
  • Binance
  • HitBTC
  • Poloniex
  • YoBit

Yes, Cryptopia is listed there too, but 10 BTC is beyond ridiculous.

4 Likes

Update: More than a month now and cryptopia has not yet answered. So I created another ticket. The new ticket id number is 40000+ more than the previous one. It seems that cryptopia receives in average almost 1400 new requesting support tickets per day!!

2 Likes

Hacked!!

I also got some emails, but it’s doesn’t mean that’s hacked…

https://help.cryptopia.co.nz/en/p/failed-log-in-attempts-faq

Cryptopia is having serious issues, I have a support ticket for a stuck withdrawal going on 16 days. That is pathetic, they can not handle more coins. Do not pay these jokers a listing fee.

2 Likes

Cryptopia is top for now!!!

Well, I really don’t like cryptopia. But it would be better than what we have now.

I still voted yes. But we need binance or bittrex at all costs. Once that happens, btcz will be changed forever.

I would not waste 10-12 btc personally if only 2x that can get into a better exchange.

And to address the “hacked” posts. All sites have a wide open login prompt. Someone logs into another persons account all the time on any site. Certain sites have better anti methods. Almost all have x amount of failed log in attempts and the account is locked, along with almost all have 2 factor. If anyones account got logged into (or hacked as they call it) would be that persons fault.

Now as for cryptopia its quite possible many accounts got brute forced from the outside. That is the users fault for not having 2FA enabled + either a weak password, or one that was guessed. I do know cryptopia upped their 2FA recently by now sending an email with a fresh pin each time. So, they are doing their part for sure.

Either way, an exchange would not store passwords in plain text. Someone would have to leak the hashes, or break in to get the hashes. Then offline brute force. Still 2FA would stop this.

However, if any exchange shuts down, your coins are gone. Don’t keep too much in the exchange and nothing to worry about. You don’t want to get goxxed!!!

2 Likes

Cryptopia is a dying exchange that has a broken and underdeveloped api and system. It would’ve been good for a starting exchange when the listing price was lower but currently i think we need to focus on Binance and other smaller local and decentralized exchanges.

2 Likes

I completely agree with that.

Its just cryptopia would actually be a massive step up from trade satoshi. That place is the worst. It actually turned me off from btcz for a couple months.

Cryptopia sucks too. I mined hush for a while so very familiar with them. They are partial crooks. When hush was 36% up last week they blocked deposits, and they did it before.

I would say hitbtc, but don’t trust them either, when TRX was jumping off back in jan, they blocked deposits, and were also selling it for 30% more than other exchanges.

And I swear I read cryptopia was gettig sued by nz bank also.

The thing is, nobody knows about this coin. So yes to cryptopia, but as the last resort. And will echo not wasting 10 BTC, on them.

I think we should directly focus on getting the Binance listing ASAP.

2 Likes

closing topic - campaign ended - funds moved to multi-sig address from tracker.