Developer Bounty: Currently 76,100 BTCZ
There really aren’t many options for merchants to accept BTCZ on their website.
Mission Statement or Vision
Shopify is popular e-commerce software. This proposal is to bring support to the Shopify application by creating a Shopify Plugin that merchants can use to accept BTCZ as payment on their website.
Objectives to be achieved
Work is completed when a merchant can install a plugin for their shopping cart plugin and start accepting payment.
- Customer should be presented with BTCZ as a payment option during checkout
- Scanable QR Code of the payment address for easy checkout
- Customer’s order should finalize once payment of BTCZ has been received
- Easy way for merchants to validate and view payment on the backend
- BTCZ payment and transaction id must show up in receipt/invoice
- Support for USD, EUR, and GBP conversions
- Source code must be delivered with MIT or BSD license on github
The Shopify integration should use either the BitcoinZ Restful API or the btcz.in API backends. Assistance with implementation can be found on the BitcoinZ slack or BitcoinZ discord chatrooms in the #developers channel.
Giving customers options to pay for checkout with BTCZ brings value to BitcoinZ and the community!
Cost estimates and funding sources
This proposal will not require money from the community funds. The community will self-fund this activity in the form of a bounty. Any community member wishing to donate to the cause can send a donation to t1SGPqaduLSpsLC9jRQYWN7aKA5xxXqeovC. If a month passes and no developer has taken on the bounty, then this bounty maybe amended to include additional funds.
Upon completion and a Quality Assurance check, the full pot of the address t1SGPqaduLSpsLC9jRQYWN7aKA5xxXqeovC will be delivered to the developer who provides the shopify integration first.
- Yes, this sounds like a great idea!
- No, we should spend our time and resources on other activities.